Apollo Leadership Development Experience
Discover how to lead when failure is not an option
Imagine you have been given a mandate by your CEO to lead an organization you know little about. How would you build your management team?
What if a colossal mistake happened under your watch? How would you get your team back on course?
In the face of a completely unexpected turn of events, could you lead your organization to its finest hour?
These were not hypothetical questions during the 10-year period when America built its space program – a time of unprecedented innovation, the achievement of one of the world’s most memorable moments, and a near-disaster that profoundly tested NASA’s leadership and culture.
For executives faced with dramatic turns in their own organizations, this rich history offers leadership insights that are unparalleled.
The Conference Board Apollo Leadership Development Experience provides unique access to the Johnson Space Center in Houston and the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. You will go behind-the-scenes to learn how leaders who changed the course of history stayed calm under extreme stress, created technology where none existed before, and led their teams from crisis to triumph.
You will explore Mission Control where legendary Flight Director Gene Kranz led the effort to safely return the three astronauts of Apollo 13. And you will hear stories of other leaders and missions that surpass typical business case studies. Together, they reveal the art of tackling the unknown, building a culture of innovation, empowering teams, and overcoming setbacks.
You will discover how to:
- Articulate a clear picture of success to help your team work toward a common goal
- Cultivate the agility to inspire confidence and turn setbacks into opportunities
- Understand how to create an environment that inspires both radical and incremental innovation
- Prepare for unexpected, high-stakes moments that call for decisive action
Your team will discover how to:
- Compensate for weaknesses and play to strengths
- Manage its energy level, morale and emotional response to face a major crisis or challenge
- Empower members to communicate what is really going on, even if that means delivering bad news
- Understand when to “step up” and “step back” to bring out each member’s leadership abilities
Your organization will be better equipped to:
- Establish a culture to enable your organization to endure over time
- Cope with a climate of uncertainty in which resources, challenges and priorities are likely to change
- Gain new insights into the type of preparation needed for different scenarios
US based attendees:
For registration and further information, please contact Wesley Kaplan at (212) 339 0480 or Janice Moore at 212 339 0333 or Michael Nealon at (212) 339 0263 or email@example.com
For customized team events, please contact Amanda Harmon at (212) 339 0256 or Jeff Jackson at (212) 339 0380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside of the US:
For registration and further information or for customised team events, please contact Jeff Jackson at +1 (212) 339 0380 or email@example.com
To learn more about the Apollo Leadership Development Experience, download the one-sheet below.