Find out what members value most about their council membership.
The Power of Peer Learning:
Business challenges have changed a great deal since The Conference Board convened its first council in 1929.The value of a strong peer network has only increased. Benchmarking, industry insights, and “best practices” all help shape your strategic decisions. But real understanding of how these apply in your business context demands a combination of broader perspective and specific knowledge that can only be achieved in a confidential dialogue of peers. Such shared experiences and enduring relationships are the cornerstone of the councils experience. Enhanced by technology and our global and enterprise-wide reach, this cornerstone leads to a deeper understanding that spans the world and extends its value across your organization.
Council Membership Affords:
- Trusted peer groups Entrée into a select community of 2,500 executives from a broad array of industries, functions, and regions who know the value of this rich source of insights and new approaches.
- Problem solving Your issue becomes the agenda item in our peer assist process, with your council colleagues focused squarely on helping you discover a practical, actionable solution.
- Multi-function learning Work and meet with others from related or totally distinct functions and geographies, to bring a wealth of added perspective to the challenges of the day. The Conference Board has over 100 councils worldwide representing more than 50 functions.
- Virtual communities The learning continues beyond face-to-face meetings, with online forums and virtual programming. The Conference Board offers private forums for each council.
- Council Perspectives® These unique reports expand the impact of member-only meetings, leveraging council expertise and insights. They provide councils with voice and visibility as thought leaders.
- Council Touchstones™ Confidential online surveys created at your request for instant peer advice to help address critical business situations
Councils also offer these advantages:
- Cross-Council sharing (100+ Councils worldwide, 50+ functions)
- Benchmarking with other companies
- Private briefings from The Conference Board experts
- Advance access to The Conference Board research
- Private Council websites where members can download past presentations and share documents
- Private Council forums to continue the conversation online
- Council webcasts tailored to members’ needs
Council members and their teams can access:
- The Conference Board Economics Watch® A monthly publication and webcast with commentary from our chief economist
- The Conference Board Human Capital Watch™ A monthly webcast for senior human capital executives covering a wide range of current issues
- The Conference Board Governance Watch™ A bi-monthly webcast providing perspectives on corporate governance issues and developments
- The Conference Board KnowlEdge Series® Multi-session interactive webinars — members receive one multi-part series per year with unlimited logins
- Conference KeyNotes A post-conference interactive webcast featuring live Q&A and a written summary of the conference
- Ask TCB™ Unlimited access to our business information service
- The Conference Board Review® Our quarterly magazine
Council members receive 50% off all conferences, with the benefit of extending this discount once per year to a direct report.