The Conference Board Councils bring together professional peers in confidential, dynamic, cross-industry communities to learn from each other's experiences.
Find out what members value most about their council membership.
The Power of Peer Learning:
Business challenges have changed a great deal since The Conference Board convened its first council in 1929.The value of a strong peer network has only increased. Benchmarking, industry insights, and “best practices” all help shape your strategic decisions. But real understanding of how these apply in your business context demands a combination of broader perspective and specific knowledge that can only be achieved in a confidential dialogue of peers. Such shared experiences and enduring relationships are the cornerstone of the councils experience. Enhanced by technology and our global and enterprise-wide reach, this cornerstone leads to a deeper understanding that spans the world and extends its value across your organization.
Council Membership Affords:
- Trusted peer groups Entrée into a select community of 3,000 executives from a broad array of industries, functions, and regions who know the value of this rich source of insights and new approaches.
- Problem solving Your issue becomes the agenda item in our peer assist process, with your council colleagues focused squarely on helping you discover a practical, actionable solution. We also offer council webcasts tailored to members’ needs.
- Multi-function learning Work and meet with others from related or totally distinct functions and geographies, to bring a wealth of added perspective to the challenges of the day. The Conference Board has over 150 councils worldwide representing more than 50 functions.
- Virtual communities The learning continues beyond face-to-face meetings, with private council websites where members can download past presentations, share documents, and contact their peers.
- Access to thought leadership Private briefings from The Conference Board experts and advanced access to our insights and research on key business issues.
- Council Touchstones™ Confidential online surveys created at your request for instant peer advice to help address critical business situations
Council members and their teams can access:
- The Conference Board Economics Watch® A monthly webcast and publication featuring a suite of key economic indicators and strategic insights with commentary by our chief economist highlighting potential business impacts
- The Conference Board Governance Watch™ A bi-monthly webcast providing senior legal and compliance professionals new perspectives on issues and developments affecting corporate governance
- The Conference Board Human Capital Watch™ A monthly webcast helping senior human capital executives address challenges and stay informed about current issues across the entire spectrum of human capital
- The Conference Board Policy Watch A quarterly webcast that explores the intersection of business and emerging US policy with the experts at the Committee for Economic Development
- The Conference Board KnowlEdge Series® Unique webcasts featuring exclusive insights from research in progress, across each of our three practice areas
- Conference KeyNotes A webcast reprising the best presentations from recent conferences in a live webcast, live Q&A with the headline presenters, and a written summary
- Ask TCB™ Unlimited access to our business information service
Council members receive 50% off all conferences, with the benefit of extending this discount once per year to a direct report.