Just as strategic workforce planning (SWP) helps companies anticipate the capabilities and talent they will need to execute their business strategy, India, Singapore, and Canada are using similar methods to ensure they have the right national workforce. The critical success factors are as relevant in companies as in countries:
- Focusing on economic or business imperatives
- Engaging stakeholders
- Creating a labor market information system that meets diverse user needs, with a consistent taxonomy for describing occupations and skills
- Implementing a communication strategy to win stakeholder acceptance
- Providing incentives, measuring performance, and establishing accountability
- Giving individuals access to workforce data and tools
This publication is complimentary.
To gain access to it and our other free content, click "Read more" and create an account.